Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is one that my friend, Susie Patterson, gave me a few years ago. We love this with steamed fresh asparagus and roasted new potatoes.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (real butter is best)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 lemon slices (for garnish)
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Pound out chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl, and mix in 1/2 of the salt and 1/2 of the pepper (reserving other half).
- Beat together the eggs, 1/2 of the lemon juice, the remaining half of the salt and pepper, the parsley, tarragon,garlic powder, and the grated parmesan.
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Dredge each chicken breast through the flour, then dip in the egg mixture, letting excess drip back into the bowl.
- After dipping in the egg, redredge in the flour, and shake off excess.
- Place chicken in the skillet, and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Pour remaining half of the lemon juice over the chicken, and let cook about 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from skillet to a serving platter.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.
This chicken was really yummy. Everyone enjoyed it for dinner tonight. I loved the light crispy batter it had and the herbs in it were great, thanks!
*Reviewed as part of Aussie/NZ forum August 2007 Recipe Swap* Fantastic chicken recipe- all of my family really enjoyed this one. Very clear instructions to follow. A lovely fine batter and moist tender chicken fillet inside. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Photo also being posted
awesome chicken recipe. I served this over pasta for a VERY filling but great meal! I only made two breasts but kept eveything else the same really. Made for ZWT 3!