1 hr 15 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This is a Tyler Florence recipe that is a very simple and easy dish that makes people think you are a gourmet cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (4)
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, with rind cut in thin rounds
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1Place chicken breasts side by side on a cutting board and cover with a piece of plastic wrap.
- 2Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Place some all purpose flour in a large Zip Loc bag and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper.
- 4Shake bag to mix flour and seasonings.
- 5In a wide bowl beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons of water to make egg wash.
- 6Pour oil in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat until oil is hot about 5-6 minutes.
- 7Place chicken breasts in Zip Loc bag containing seasoned flour mixture and shake to coat completely.
- 8Dredge chicken in egg wash.
- 9Once oil is hot add chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown, turning once.
- 10Remove chicken to a large platter and keep warm.
- 11Toss the lemon slices into the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- 12Add the wine, chicken broth and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce slightly.
- 13Roll the butter in some flour and add to the skillet- this will thicken the sauce.
- 14Stir to mix well and dissolve the flour.
- 15Reduce heat to medium-low and return the chicken to the pan.
- 16Place the lemon slices on top of the chicken.
- 17Simmer gently for 2 minutes to heat the chicken through.
- 18Season with salt and apper and garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Francese
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.4
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 310.2 mg
- Sodium 460.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 43.9 g