Recipe by nannymm
This recipe was given to me by my mother many years ago. It makes an elegant entree for special occasions.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk (enough to soak chicken)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the tenderloin from each chicken breast half. Fillet each chicken breast half into two slices. yield 12 pieces. Pound each piece, including the tenderloins, to ¼ “ thickness. (yields 12 pieces).
- Soak the chicken in milk for 30 minutes.
- Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, and parsley. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture, making sure each piece is well coated.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Quickly sauté breasts on each side till lightly browned. Do not overcook.
- Transfer sautéed chicken breasts to a lightly buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place one slice of lemon on top of each chicken piece.
- Remove all but 1 Tbs. Of oil from skillet, leaving browned bits. Add white wine and boil until reduced by half. Add lemon juice and chicken broth and boil till reduced by half.
- Pour wine mixture over chicken. Drizzle Grand Marnier over each piece of chicken according to taste.
- Bake at 350°F until sauce begins to bubble (about 20-25 minutes.).