Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thinly sliced and succulent chicken breast, sauteed with artichokes in a deliciuosly rich lemon, wine and butter sauce.
- 453.59-566.99 g thinly sliced chicken breast
- 396.89 g canquartered water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 59.14 ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 59.14 ml minced shallot
- 78.07 ml flour, and
- 14.79 ml flour
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 7.39 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml cracked black pepper
- 2.46 ml paprika
- eggwash -one egg beaten with 3 tbs water
- 1.Over medium heat melt 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in large saucepan.
- 2.You’ll need two shallow dishes, one for the eggwash and in the other combine 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, and ½ tsp paprika.
- 3.Pat THINLY sliced chicken dry (pound them thin, if you can’t buy them thin) Dredge the chicken in the flour, shake off excess, and evenly coat in the egg wash. Then place in pan. You’ll probably have to work in batches, depending on the size of your pan.
- 4.Brown the chicken on both sides on med-high heat, about 4 minutes on each side. Repeat steps until all the chicken has been browned and set aside.
- 5.Turn heat down to medium and add 1 tbsp of olive oil to pan. Sautee shallots until translucent, being careful not to burn. Add artichokes and turn the heat up to medium high so that artichokes will get a little crisp to them.
- 6.Return heat to medium. Push the artichokes and shallots to one side of the pan, leaving an area for you to melt a tbsp of butter and a tbsp of flour together. Whisk together to create a roux which will thicken the sauce.
- 7.Mix together roux, shallots, and artichokes in pan. Add chicken stock, white wine, lemon juice, ½ tsp of salt, and ½ tsp pepper, and parsley. Stir to make sure the roux dissolves evenly in the liquid to prevent clumping. Let sauce reduce and flavors connect for about 10 minutes.
- 8.Return chicken to pan and spoon sauce over so that it is completely immersed in the sauce. Cook the chicken thoroughly, about 7-10 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken.
- 9.Remove chicken and put on serving platter or plate and pour sauce over top.
Excellent meal!! Super easy and I also added a little water and more lemon juice and garlic.. Everyone loved it!
Yum. Will definitely make again!
I thought this was a very exciting recipe. It was fairly easy and very clear direction. I was just left wondering "what would make this better"? My Mom and husband thought it was a 9.5.... I would say 8ish. I think some garlic and perhaps fresh mushrooms may make this a 10. I ended up adding some water and a little more lemon juice just for more liquid with the mash potatoes I made to accompany it. Thanks a ton for the great base recipe that I am going to use as a springboard for more! Way to go Brenda!