Recipe by papersouls
Not the healthiest version i'm sure, but so worth it! A very picky DH loves it, so it can't be that bad ;) For better pasta, double the sauce.
Top Review by Mary Close
This was good. I read all the reviews first, and also added the garlic to the sauce, used 8 ounces of chicken stock and 6 ounces of white wine and thickened the sauce. This is a quick and easy meal, as most of us have all the stuff in the house already. I would love to try the mushrooms, but my husband doesn't like them. He's not a fun-ghi!
- 1 -2 lb chicken (boneless, thighs work well too)
- 1 -2 cup Bisquick (enough to coat chicken) or 1 -2 cup flour (enough to coat chicken)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- oil, enough to brown chicken
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter (your preference, i've tried it with both 1/2 and 1 and it comes out great both ways..) or 1⁄2-1 cup margarine (your preference, i've tried it with both 1/2 and 1 and it comes out great both ways..)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 lb pasta, any kind (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat oil in frying pan.
- In a bowl, add Bisquick, paprika, salt and pepper
- In another bowl, the 2 eggs.
- Dip the chicken in the eggs, then coat with the Bisquick mixture.
- Brown the chicken in the oil.
- While the chicken is cooking, get a medium size pot and add the lemon juice, chicken broth, parsley and butter. Melt together.
- When chicken is done, place in a deep pan/glass pyrex dish.
- Place the chicken in the pan, and pour the sauce over it.
- Sprinkle some chopped garlic on the top, and add a splash of the lemon juice.
- Cover with foil, and bake for about 30 minutes (or until the chicken is no longer pink).
- Serve over pasta (optional).
- : Note : the longer you bake the chicken in the sauce, the better it is! Also, try doubling the sauce for serving with pasta. The sauce will be fairly thin, but we like it that way - feel free to use cornstarch to thicken.