Recipe by Sassy in da South
Yummy luau dish that I found on the web a couple years ago. I serve with steamed rice.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, cut into 1 inch cubes (boneless & skinless)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 2 (1 1/2 fluid ounce) jiggers amaretto liqueur
- 3⁄4 cup coconut rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and stir in the brown sugar. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and toss with flour to coat.
- Add chicken and bananas to the skillet, and cook stirring occasionally until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Stir in the amaretto and rum, and heat through.
- Remove from the burner, and use a long match or lighter to flambe.
- Allow to burn until the alcohol cooks off and the flame goes out.
- Serve and enjoy!