Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe was given to me by a friend. I was a bit skeptical at first as it would certainly take a lot to live up to a name like "Chicken for the Gods" but it is absolutely to die for . . . and so simple because I just throw it together in the crockpot in the morning and have an absolutely delicious meal when I get home.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard (scant)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed chicken with rice soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Place flour and mustard in shallow bowl and coat chicken breasts.
- In skillet, brown coated breasts in oil.
- Place in slow cooker and pour condensed soup over the chicken. Add water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
The chicken was tender and tasty, but I did thicken the liquid left in the crockpot with a little cornstarch and served it over steamed rice. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thank you for posting.
I loved this, even my picky new boyfriend liked it and took some to work for lunch the next day. Thank you for sharing.
We loved this chicken! I browned the chicken breasts well, using a little more dry mustard than called for and adding some Lawry's Seasoned Salt. The sauce in the crockpot thickened up by the time we ate (it probably cooked closer to 8-9 hours on low), so I spooned it over top the chicken breasts. I served this over wild rice, with a side of steamed broccoli-- see my photo. This is a definite keeper- thanks! :)