Recipe by Richard-NYC
Just Cher and I are doing the South Beach Diet and she asked me to share a chicken recipe I created. How could I resist not calling it Chicken for Chering. Get it?
Top Review by Kerry G
The only change I made was to scale down the recipe to feed 2. It's a good start, but there are some changes I will make in the future....1) The sauce needs to be thicker- I will either add some flour or corn starch and 2) The chicken itself was a little bland...I will season it with some poultry seasoning or something before adding the filling next time. We are trying to eat low carb and this was a good recipe to try...I think with those 2 small changes it can be excellent. We will try this again.
- 16 ounces thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 4 oz. slices)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry, seasoned with
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine spinach and ricotta.
- Roll each piece of chicken with an equal amount of stuffing, secure with toothpick.
- Sear chicken in non-stick pan--about three minutes on each side.
- Transfer seared chicken to baking dish and bake at 350 for about 30 mins or until juices run clear and chicken is done.
- Meanwhile combine all sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and stir.
- Reduce heat and simmer sauce stirring occasionally.
- Serve sauce over chicken.