Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I got this recipe from The Fresh Market website. It was a hit in my house, and I'll definitely be making it again! I used chicken tenderloins instead of split chicken breasts, and about 1/8 cup dried parsley flakes.
- 5 slices bacon
- butter, as needed
- 3 chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut bacon in 1/2 inch pieces and cook until crisp. Remove from skillet.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture. Brown chicken in bacon fat. Do not crowd chicken in the pan. Add butter if you need more fat.
- As chicken browns, put in 3 quart casserole dish.
- Add potatoes, onions, and garlic to skillet and brown lightly.
- Add to chicken.
- Put thyme and broth in skillet. Heat and scrape crust from skillet. Pour evenly over chicken and scatter bacon pieces on top.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes.
- Add parsley and wine.
- Uncover chicken and increase heat to 425°.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.