Deliciously messy!! Whole meal sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 round focaccia bread, cut in quarters
- margarine, we use becel
- Dijon mustard
- 4 slices of your favourite cheese
- 4 slices red onions, thinly sliced
- 8 lettuce leaves, iceberg or 8 romaine lettuce, work well
- 8 slices tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 egg, fork beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Slice bread quarters in half, place each quarter on a plate, spread with margarine, then mustard.
- 2Place slices of cheese on the bottom half of each bread quarter.
- 3Top cheese with 2 slices of bacon, top bacon with onion slice, top onion with lettuce leaves, top lettuce with tomato slices.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 6Place flour on a plate, add salt, pepper and oragano, mix until well combined.
- 7In a small bowl, beat egg with water.
- 8Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan on medium high heat.
- 9Meanwhile, dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture, shaking off excess, submerge chicken breast in egg/water mix, drain off excess and place in hot frypan.
- 10Lower heat to medium.
- 11Cook chicken until golden brown, about 10 minutes on each side, until no longer pink.
- 12Place one chicken breast on each focaccia bottom on top of tomato slices, top with the top piece of focaccia bread, press down, cut in half if you wish and serve immediately, with lots of napkins.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Focaccia Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.5
- Calories from Fat 476
- Total Fat 52.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 166.3 mg
- Sodium 1005.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 37.6 g