Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Deliciously messy!! Whole meal sandwich.
- 1 round focaccia bread, cut in quarters
- margarine, we use becel
- Dijon mustard
- 4 slices of your favourite cheese
- 4 slices red onions, thinly sliced
- 8 lettuce leaves, iceberg or 8 romaine lettuce, work well
- 8 slices tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 egg, fork beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice bread quarters in half, place each quarter on a plate, spread with margarine, then mustard.
- Place slices of cheese on the bottom half of each bread quarter.
- Top cheese with 2 slices of bacon, top bacon with onion slice, top onion with lettuce leaves, top lettuce with tomato slices.
- Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place flour on a plate, add salt, pepper and oragano, mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with water.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan on medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture, shaking off excess, submerge chicken breast in egg/water mix, drain off excess and place in hot frypan.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Cook chicken until golden brown, about 10 minutes on each side, until no longer pink.
- Place one chicken breast on each focaccia bottom on top of tomato slices, top with the top piece of focaccia bread, press down, cut in half if you wish and serve immediately, with lots of napkins.