Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a twist as only I can add to a classic Italian dish. VERY easy, I thought of it whilst staring at chicken and spinach, and not feeling like making a pie crust lol. This I have found the be the ultimate one-pot meals for any busy mommy--chef or no!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (20 ounce) packagechopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms (you can used canned or fresh)
- 3 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box pasta
- garlic and herb seasoning
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- Boil water for pasta.
- Rinse the spinach thoroughly in a collander and let it drain.
- In a large sautee pan on med-high flame, heat olive oil, garlic and butter, just to brown the garlic, and melt the butter.
- Add drained spinach, mushrooms, chicken broth, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to throughly combine and cook until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in marscapone, THEN stir in cream cheese, let simmer on low flame while cooking chicken.
- While spinach mixture is simmering, pan-sear chicken, adding worcestshire sauce, garlic and herb seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- While chicken is cooking, add pasta to boiling water and prepare according to box directions.
- Add cooked chicken to spinach, stir thoroughly, allow to simmer on lowest flame while pasta cooks.
- Drain pasta thoroughly and pour into serving platter.
- Pour spinach and chicken mixture over pasta and toss gently.
- Serve and enjoy!