Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Tyson's website. Very excited to have another way to get my kids to eat spinach.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil (I used olive oil and minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) prebaked pie crusts (I use Boboli)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat garlic oil in large skillet to medium. Add chicken and cook 10 minutes or until done.
- Stir in seasoning and remove from heat.
- Combine ricotta and mozzarella; spread on prebaked pizza crust.
- Spread spinach over cheese mixture; top with chicken and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake pizza 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
This was great. All (4) of my kids ate it without a protest. A super way to get them to eat a few more vegetables. Thanks!
I made this recipe for Pick-a-Chef 2005. It's a really excellent pizza with a very good combination of flavors and colors. I think the "nutrition facts" for this recipe may need to be recalculated. I used reduced-fat ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, and just can't see how even their full-fat versions could have jacked this delicious pizza up to 57% fat. It seemed low-calorie, very healthy, and guilt-free to us :) I'm guessing that the only un-nutritious thing about this pizza was the ice cold soda that went so well with it!