Recipe by Courtly
This is from Taste of Home. "This grilled sandwich combines with with provolne cheese, spinach and red onion." YUMMY!
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 lb shaved deli chicken
- 2 slices red onions, separated into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute spinach in oil for 2 minutes or until wilted. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread the unbuttered side of four slices with salad dressing; layer with a cheese slice, chicken, spinach, onion and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread, buttered side up, Cook in a panini maker or on a griddle until golden brown on both sides.