Giant chicken meatballs with a creamy cheese sauce. A great way to sneak spinach into your kids meals. Serve with egg noodles and broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground chicken or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 8 ounces frozen spinach spinach, thawed and drained of excess water
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup whole milk or 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1Place the ground chicken or turkey in the largest mixing bowl you own, and make a well in the middle of the meat. Add the spinach, onion, garlic, egg, milk, hot sauce, Panko crumbs, and Parmigiano-Reggiano; season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix well.
- 2Form the mixture into 9 large balls, about the size of baseballs, and arrange on nonstick baking sheets. Roast for 35 minutes, or until they're browned to your liking. When finished, use a spatula and some heft to remove them from the pan to your serving dish of choice.
- 3While the meatballs are baking make the sauce.
- 4Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter to the pan and about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Melt the mixture, add the onion, and cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Whisk in the flour. Cook for 1 minute; then whisk in the milk, and the broth. Bring the liquid to a boil. Slowly add the cheese. Once cheese is melted stir in parsley and season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 5Serve meatballs with a spoonful of the sauce over the top.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Florentine Meatballs With Fondudita
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.8
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 126.1 mg
- Sodium 488.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 34.3 g