Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I did a search for a recipe containing chicken breast, mushrooms and fresh baby leaf spinach and I found this delicious and simple recipe on AllRecipes.com. It is very easy to put together and I found it to be quite tasty. I hope you will enjoy it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I like fresh grated)
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans spinach, drained (I used fresh baby leaf steamed)
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup bacon bits (or about 4 slices real bacon cooked and crumbled)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken breast halves on a baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly, mix in the garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange spinach over the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Cover the spinach with mushrooms.
- Pour half the sauce mixture over the mushrooms.
- Arrange chicken breasts in the dish over the mushrooms then cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits, then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in 400°F oven until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Serves 4.
This is an awesome dish! I did make some adjustments, suggested by other reviewers on allrecipes.com. I left out the mushrooms (not a fan). I sauteed fresh spinach (two bags) with olive oil and minced garlic. I cooked some bacon in the same pan, then sauteed the chicken breasts in the same pan (after removing most of the bacon grease). I added chopped dried onion to the sauce and used skim milk instead of 1/2 & 1/2. I also put a little part-skim mozzarella in with the cream sauce, as well as on top. I baked (uncovered) at 375 for about 30 minutes. Delicious!
This was SOOOO good! We loved the garlic flavor and the mix of the spinach and mushrooms with the chicken- heavenly! I didn't have any parmesan cheese, so I ended up leaving it out of the sauce and it was still good without. I used fresh baby spinach like another reviewer said they did and it worked perfectly- just remember to put more in that you think you need because it will cook down a ton- I used half of a bag and felt like I could have used more! Overall, this was a really great, easy recipe! DH loved it and was talking about "when we have it again" before dinner was over! Thanks for sharing, Bev!
Very yummy! It was a little much for just the two of us, but it is definitely a wonderful recipe that we will enjoy again!