Chicken breasts topped with spinach, a tomato-wine sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Serve with fettuccine and a nice salad. Update: I personally think this is much, much better with fresh spinach as the frozen spinach tends to be a bit bitter. I also like to stir it in a bit rather than have it all in a layer across top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (1/2 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded very thin between pieces of plastic wrap
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (6 ounce) packages fresh spinach, cooked drained and chopped or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2On sheet of waxed paper, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- 3Toss chicken cutlets in mixture to coat.
- 4In medium skillet over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil.
- 5Brown chicken about 5 minute son each side.
- 6Remove to a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish lightly coated with cooking spray.
- 7Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to the skillet.
- 8Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 9Add tomato sauce, wine and basil.
- 10Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 11Taste for seasonings and add more salt if necessary.
- 12Spread cooked spinach on top of chicken.
- 13Pour tomato sauce mixture around chicken, lifting edges to allow the sauce to flow underneath.
- 14Sprinkle with cheese.
- 15Bake, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 146.4 mg
- Sodium 689.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 59.9 g