Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love chicken and am constantly in search of a way to make it different and special. It is my belief that this dish is how I won my way into the heart of the man of my dreams! It’s not always easy to make a main dish just for 2… but this one is a snap! Your butcher or deli person can butterfly the chicken breasts for you. You can also use boneless thighs.
- 4 toothpicks
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts, Butterflied and pounded
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh Baby Spinach, plus
- 6 leaves fresh Baby Spinach, set aside whole
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fontinella cheese (sharp Italian table cheese)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- -Preheat oven to 400.
- -Lay the butterflied chicken breasts out flat and cover with reserved whole spinach leaves.
- -In a mixing bowl combine chopped spinach, ricotta cheese, Fontinella Cheese and garlic.
- -Spoon mixture into the center of the chicken breasts.
- -Fold chicken over the cheese mixture and secure with toothpicks, almost like sewing.
- -In a shallow dish or pie plate beat the 2 eggs and add milk. In another dish, pour the breadcrumbs.
- -Dredge the chicken first in the egg mixture to coat it and then completely cover in breadcrumbs.
- -Place in oven safe dish and bake for 20 minutes.