I love chicken and am constantly in search of a way to make it different and special. It is my belief that this dish is how I won my way into the heart of the man of my dreams! It’s not always easy to make a main dish just for 2… but this one is a snap! Your butcher or deli person can butterfly the chicken breasts for you. You can also use boneless thighs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 toothpicks
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts, Butterflied and pounded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Baby Spinach, plus
- 6 leaves fresh Baby Spinach, set aside whole
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded fontinella cheese (sharp Italian table cheese)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-Preheat oven to 400.
- 2-Lay the butterflied chicken breasts out flat and cover with reserved whole spinach leaves.
- 3-In a mixing bowl combine chopped spinach, ricotta cheese, Fontinella Cheese and garlic.
- 4-Spoon mixture into the center of the chicken breasts.
- 5-Fold chicken over the cheese mixture and secure with toothpicks, almost like sewing.
- 6-In a shallow dish or pie plate beat the 2 eggs and add milk. In another dish, pour the breadcrumbs.
- 7-Dredge the chicken first in the egg mixture to coat it and then completely cover in breadcrumbs.
- 8-Place in oven safe dish and bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.5
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 159.9 mg
- Sodium 967.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 43.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: