Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make it extra-special by adding 1 Tbsp chopped, sundried tomatoes to the filling. From Woman's World, April 10 2007.
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 2 ounces grated Fontina cheese (1 cup)
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Combine rosemary, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; reserve.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until softened. Add spinach; cook until wilted, 2 minutes. Transfer to stainer. Using spoon, press out excess liquid.
- Combine cooked spinach, cheese, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stuff chicken using the following method:.
- - Create pocket for stuffing by running fingers under skin to loosen.
- - Divide stuffing into four equal portions, about 1/4 cup each. Spread under skin. Smooth skin over stuffing.
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary mixture; place in roasting pan. Roast until no longer pink near bone, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Remove chicken from pan. Place pan over medium-high heat. Add wine; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomatoes, remaining spinach, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted. Toss with pasta. Serve with chicken.