Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice rich sauce accompanies this creamy spinach and chicken.
Make and share this Chicken Florentine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 ounces finely chopped ham (sandwich slices chopped are fine)
- Drain spinach well between paper towels and set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture and place in a lightly greased 11 x 7 baking dish.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter in a skillet over medium heat stirring until onion is tender. Add flour, stirring, cook for 1 minute. Gradually add milk and continue stirring until sauce is boiling and bubbly.
- Add spinach, ham and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until throughly heated. Pour sauce over chicken breats. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
This was very good! I used diced Canadian Bacon which gave it a nice smoky flavor. The next time I make it I might just sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top rather than coating the chicken because the coating just got soggy once the spinach topping went on. I also expected more sauce so I might play with the amount of milk. But overall this was good enough for my husband to eat it as leftovers without a fuss so it's a keeper!
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this recipe, but weren't able to convince my son to try it. ;-D He doesn't know what he was missing! Very easy to prepare, delicious, and good for us! Thanks, Cindy!