1 hr 15 mins
Cindy Rowden's Note:
A nice rich sauce accompanies this creamy spinach and chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 ounces finely chopped ham (sandwich slices chopped are fine)
- 1Drain spinach well between paper towels and set aside.
- 2Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture and place in a lightly greased 11 x 7 baking dish.
- 3Saute onion and garlic in butter in a skillet over medium heat stirring until onion is tender. Add flour, stirring, cook for 1 minute. Gradually add milk and continue stirring until sauce is boiling and bubbly.
- 4Add spinach, ham and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until throughly heated. Pour sauce over chicken breats. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.4
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 651.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 41.3 g