Recipe by Phil Franco
I made this dish and it was delicious.
Top Review by marisa2008
Made this for the family and they just loved it. Chicken was nice and tender (I didn't pound it, I was too lazy, so I skipped that step and just cooked a little longer) aside from that I followed the receipe. Used low fat cream of chicken. Was delicious. Thanks for posting!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 (10 ounce) packagescut-leaf frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts by placing between two sheets of wax paper and hit with the back of a small pan until thin.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour to coat lightly. Shake off any excess flour. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in olive oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep it warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent, stirring to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet, about 1 minute. Add the wine. Increase the heat to medium-high and boil until the liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the cream of chicken soup and boil until the sauce reduces by half, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and any accumulated juices to the sauce, and turn the chicken to coat in the sauce.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in another large skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and saute until heated through. Season the spinach, to taste, with salt and pepper. Add raisins. Arrange the spinach over a platter. Place the chicken atop the spinach. Pour the sauce over and serve.