Recipe by Caru
I love using feta cheese in this easy recipe, which is simple enough for a weeknight recipe yet elegant enough to serve guests. The amount of spinach is not critical, I get the ready-to-eat packages and use canned broth. The chicken is moist and the feta sauce is like a gravy, just spoon it over the chicken and spinach.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- lemon juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in skillet, sprinkle with pepper.
- Add broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken, cover and keep warm.
- Reserve broth.
- In meantime, wash and cook spinach in the water that clings to leaves.
- Reduce heat when steam forms, cook and toss 3 minute set aside and keep warm.
- For sauce: stir 1 tbsp water with cornstarch and mix it into the broth in skillet.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add feta cheese and stir until melted.
- To serve, arrange spinach on serving platter, sprinkle with lemon juice, top with chicken and sauce.