1/1 Photo of Chicken Floating in Curried Coconut Soup
Baby Kato's Note:
We love Thai food, my husband asks for this dish regularly. This is my version of a popular soup, which, I have made very spicy. All the flavors together create an unforgettable treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4.92-9.85 ml sesame oil, good quality
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 (1600 ml) can coconut milk
- 354.88 ml chicken stock, good quality
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into large slices, easier to remove
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 14.79-29.58 ml lime juice, fresh
- 14.79-29.58 ml mirin
- 14.79-29.58 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml soya sauce
- 14.79 ml sweet chili sauce
- 14.79 ml sambal oelek, chili paste
- 14.79 ml red curry paste
- 14.79 ml tamarind paste
- 14.79 ml garlic, chopped
- 14.79 ml shallot, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Thai chiles, fresh, sliced into thirds, not seeded
- 1 jalapeno, thick slices, not seeded
- 1 inch ginger, peice, fresh, halved
- 1 galangal, large slice
- 4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 44.37-73.94 ml brown sugar, Torbino
- 59.14 ml basil, Thai fresh, thinly sliced (optional, garnish)
- 59.14 ml cilantro, thinly sliced (optional, garnish)
- 1Saute the boneless, skinless chicken breasts in sesame oil, over medium high heat, until they are golden brown.
- 2Remove the chicken from the pan, cool, slice thinly and put in refrigerator until needed.
- 3To a pot add the coconut milk and chicken stock, mix well.
- 4Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the garnish.
- 5Allow to simmer for 15 minutes then add the chicken to the soup.
- 6Now simmer for another 15 minutes, then pour the soup into bowls and garnish with Thai basil or cilantro.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Floating in Curried Coconut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1040.3
- Calories from Fat 861
- Total Fat 95.7 g
- Saturated Fat 79.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.1 mg
- Sodium 696.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
sweet chili sauce
red curry paste