Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a favorite of my children. We think it's a lot better then the boxed stuff.
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder (I use knorr)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt butter over medium heat
- Add rice and pasta.
- Stir constantly to make sure the rice and pasta don't burn.
- Cook until the pasta is light brown.
- Add water and spices and stir well.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and cover pan.
- Cook 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
I made this rice�� yesterday and it turned out great. I really loved it and so did my husband. I will be making it again. I used the recipe as is but added a half teaspoon of salt.
I've made it about four times. It's a big hit with my family!
I made this today and we liked it. We love the Rice a Roni rice pilaf but my husbands doctor said no more boxed foods. So I tried this and its just as good. Halved the recipe and no parsley. Will be making again.