Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a favorite of my children. We think it's a lot better then the boxed stuff.
Make and share this Chicken Flavored Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter over medium heat
- Add rice and pasta.
- Stir constantly to make sure the rice and pasta don't burn.
- Cook until the pasta is light brown.
- Add water and spices and stir well.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and cover pan.
- Cook 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
I made this today and we liked it. We love the Rice a Roni rice pilaf but my husbands doctor said no more boxed foods. So I tried this and its just as good. Halved the recipe and no parsley. Will be making again.
Delicious and easy. I served this with chicken and I will never go back to the packaged stuff.
What a yummy side. I made this last evening to go pair with Shrimp in Buttery Garlic Sauce and it was an excellent marriage. The rice has great flavor and texture and even DH (He who likes little) enjoyed it. This will surely see remakes here.