Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Eat this chicken filled fried tortilla topped with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole.
- 2 medium skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 -10 10-inch flour tortillas
- vegetable oil
- Place chicken in saucepan and add water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Cool and use fork to pull chicken apart into long, thin shreds.
- In a bowl, stir together shredded chicken, cheese, chili peppers and cumin.
- For each flauta, spoon in 1/4 cup of chicken mixture down center of tortilla.
- Roll up tortilla tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- In a skillet, heat about 1/4 cup of oil and fry 3-4 rolled up tortillas about 3-4 minutes, turning until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with favorite toppings, salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
WOW....these were great! I followed the recipe and they were awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe
I make these alot ! I add in onion, and I don't use chedder cheese I use 1/2 cup pepper jack and 1/2 cup chihuha cheese and it comes out great
This recipe was very helpful in my Spanish class for our dia de los muertos festival. I deep fried them and served them with salsa and sour cream. Everyone loved them!