Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a very good recipe for kids who love chicken. You may also use chicken wings for this recipe as well as some other spices of your choice.
- 2 oranges, zest of, finely grated
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 3⁄4 lbs whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- (A) In a large nonreactive dish, combine orange zest, both juices, garlic, dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, ginger, and nutmeg. Add chicken; cover, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- (B) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, pulse breadcrumbs, butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper until fine crumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip off; dredge in breadcrumb coating. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet; bake until crisp and brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- (C) Meanwhile, strain marinade into a small saucepan. Measure out 2 tablespoons; mix with cornstarch in a small bowl. Bring marinade in pan to a boil. Drizzle in cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly; boil, stirring, 1 minute more. Let cool slightly; stir in honey. Serve with chicken fingers.