Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I think this sounds DELICIOUS! I love chicken and lemon; what a great combo! From taste of home.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon curd, broth, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until combined and heated through; keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and lemon peel. In another bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375. Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon sauce.
I love this recipe! I did bake the chicken in a panko crumb coating though. I also made the lemon curd (Recipe 61278 by Rita) which made a fantastic sauce that was so tasty.
Thanks for posting, I'll make it often.
We made this for dinner tonight and LOVED it! The lemon sauce is awesome, and complements chicken nicely. I thought about trying some shredded coconut in the flour batter for next time - I think it would be great. If anyone has a way to make this a "baked" recipe, I would love to hear that as well to help lower the fat.. Thanks for posting!!