Recipe by Courtly
I think this sounds DELICIOUS! I love chicken and lemon; what a great combo! From taste of home.
Top Review by Chef Bryn
I love this recipe! I did bake the chicken in a panko crumb coating though. I also made the lemon curd (Recipe 61278 by Rita) which made a fantastic sauce that was so tasty.
Thanks for posting, I'll make it often.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the lemon curd, broth, soy sauce and ginger. Cook and stir until combined and heated through; keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine buttermilk and lemon peel. In another bowl, combine flour and cornstarch. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375. Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon sauce.