Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was found in the April/May 2008 issue of the Taste of Home magazine, it has been tweaked a little to suit our tastes! Another recipe that goes well as an appetizer as well as a main course!
- 2 (566.99 g) jar lemon curd
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 473.18 ml buttermilk
- 44.37 ml lemon zest, minced
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml cornstarch
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips (about 24 ounces)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil (more, if needed)
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the lemon curd, chicken broth, soy sauce & ground ginger until well-combined, then cook & stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from heat, but keep warm.
- In a shallow container, whisk together the buttermilk & lemon zest & set aside.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the flour & cornstarch.
- Dip chicken strips in buttermilk-&-zest mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture, coating completely.
- Preferably using an electric skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees F, then fry chicken, 3 or 4 strips at a time, on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain the cooked strips on several layers of paper towels, & when finished, serve with the lemon dip, if using as an appetizer, or layer the fingers over a side of brown rice & top with the lemon curd mixture.
We enjoyed these fried chicken fingers with the lemon dip. I never would have thought to make a savory dip using lemon curd but it really works. I may reduce the amount of dip by half next time because we had quite a bit left over. Made for Newest Zaar tag.
Self-denial and self-restraint...now that's not a muscle I use very often. I rather like the easy way self-gratification rolls off my tongue. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.