1/1 Photo of Chicken Fingers With Lemon Dip
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found in the April/May 2008 issue of the Taste of Home magazine, it has been tweaked a little to suit our tastes! Another recipe that goes well as an appetizer as well as a main course!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) jars lemon curd
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest, minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips (about 24 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (more, if needed)
- 1In a small saucepan, whisk together the lemon curd, chicken broth, soy sauce & ground ginger until well-combined, then cook & stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from heat, but keep warm.
- 2In a shallow container, whisk together the buttermilk & lemon zest & set aside.
- 3In a second bowl, whisk together the flour & cornstarch.
- 4Dip chicken strips in buttermilk-&-zest mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture, coating completely.
- 5Preferably using an electric skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees F, then fry chicken, 3 or 4 strips at a time, on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain the cooked strips on several layers of paper towels, & when finished, serve with the lemon dip, if using as an appetizer, or layer the fingers over a side of brown rice & top with the lemon curd mixture.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fingers With Lemon Dip
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 412.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 30.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: