Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
Oven-fried chicken strips with honey sauce. utterly delicious
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons dijon-style mustard or 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F Cut chicken into 3/4 inch-wide strips.
- In a shallow bowl stir together crushed cornflakes and pepper. In a small bowl combine egg whites and the 1 tablespoon honey. Dip chicken strips into egg white mixture. Dip into cornflake mixture, turning to coat.
- Place chicken strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup honey, the mustard, and garlic powder. Serve the chicken strips with sauce.