Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my daughters favorite dinners.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- For Honey Mustard sauce, blend honey and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside or refrigerate.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 x 2 inch strips (or use precut chicken strips). Mix flour, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Dip chicken in milk. then place in bag. Shake to coat evenly. Place chicken on waxed paper.
- Pour 1/4 inch of oil into a large heavy skillet. Heat over medium-high heat to 350°F or until a cube of white bread dropped in oil browns evenly in 1 minute or use Deep Fryer.
- Divide chicken into batches. Place chicken in an even layer in hot oil. Fry, turning once, for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.