Recipe by Paulette
Recipe is easily doubled. Makes a great finger food at any get together, or for a meal. You can make them mild or spicy hot. Serve with the suggested sauce, BBQ sauce, or gravy. Also good served the next day in a salad - that is if you have any left over!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or Your favorite chicken spice, to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for honey mustard a day ahead, so flavors have time to blend Cut chicken into strips.
- Mix flour,salt& pepper, (or your favorite chicken spice) in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in milk.
- Roll in flour mixture to coat well.
- Place chicken on waxed paper.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Divide chicken into batches and fry first batch for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown& crispy Continue with next batch, adding 1/4 cup oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce.