Recipe by Meredith K.
I'm really tired of buying expensive, high fat chicken nuggets at the store, so I've started making my own. This recipe is the result of combining bits of several already posted to get one my son reports is
Top Review by imaginetracy
Hi I tried this today, it tasted great! My husband and my 16 month daughter both loved it, I did not even have time freeze them! I even invite friend over tomorrow to share my joy! cheers!
- 118.29 ml nonfat yogurt
- 14.79-29.58 ml milk
- 1 skinless chicken breast half (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 14.79-29.58 ml hot sauce (to taste and depending on the sauce's fire power!)
- 473.18 ml corn flakes
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1.23-2.46 ml hickory smoke salt (Spice Islands Old Hickory Smoked Salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1/2" strips or"nugget" sized pieces.
- Whisk yogurt, milk, garlic powder and hot sauce until smooth.
- Put chicken in yogurt marinade and refrigerate (covered or in plastic bag) for 1- 4 hours.
- Crush cornflakes completely.
- Combine cornflakes, Parmesan cheese and hickory salt.
- Remove chicken from marinade and roll in crumbs to coat thoroughly.
- Set in single layer on a non-stick sheet, and freeze at least 2 hours before putting in freezer containers.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a non-stick cookie sheet w/ cooking spray.
- Arrange strips/nuggets in a single layer.
- Spray tops lightly w/ cooking spray.
- Bake 16- 20 minutes, turning once.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.