Meredith K.'s Note:
I'm really tired of buying expensive, high fat chicken nuggets at the store, so I've started making my own. This recipe is the result of combining bits of several already posted to get one my son reports is
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 skinless chicken breast half (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce (to taste and depending on the sauce's fire power!)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon hickory smoke salt (Spice Islands Old Hickory Smoked Salt)
- 1Cut chicken into 1/2" strips or"nugget" sized pieces.
- 2Whisk yogurt, milk, garlic powder and hot sauce until smooth.
- 3Put chicken in yogurt marinade and refrigerate (covered or in plastic bag) for 1- 4 hours.
- 4Crush cornflakes completely.
- 5Combine cornflakes, Parmesan cheese and hickory salt.
- 6Remove chicken from marinade and roll in crumbs to coat thoroughly.
- 7Set in single layer on a non-stick sheet, and freeze at least 2 hours before putting in freezer containers.
- 8Preheat oven to 400°.
- 9Spray a non-stick cookie sheet w/ cooking spray.
- 10Arrange strips/nuggets in a single layer.
- 11Spray tops lightly w/ cooking spray.
- 12Bake 16- 20 minutes, turning once.
- 13Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fingers (or Nuggets)
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.7
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 117.0 mg
- Sodium 1720.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 57.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory smoke salt