Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
I'm really tired of buying expensive, high fat chicken nuggets at the store, so I've started making my own. This recipe is the result of combining bits of several already posted to get one my son reports is
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 skinless chicken breast half (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce (to taste and depending on the sauce's fire power!)
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hickory smoke salt (Spice Islands Old Hickory Smoked Salt)
- Cut chicken into 1/2" strips or"nugget" sized pieces.
- Whisk yogurt, milk, garlic powder and hot sauce until smooth.
- Put chicken in yogurt marinade and refrigerate (covered or in plastic bag) for 1- 4 hours.
- Crush cornflakes completely.
- Combine cornflakes, Parmesan cheese and hickory salt.
- Remove chicken from marinade and roll in crumbs to coat thoroughly.
- Set in single layer on a non-stick sheet, and freeze at least 2 hours before putting in freezer containers.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a non-stick cookie sheet w/ cooking spray.
- Arrange strips/nuggets in a single layer.
- Spray tops lightly w/ cooking spray.
- Bake 16- 20 minutes, turning once.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Hi I tried this today, it tasted great! My husband and my 16 month daughter both loved it, I did not even have time freeze them! I even invite friend over tomorrow to share my joy! cheers!
Simple and delicious. Nothing outrageous but it's pretty healthy and a LOT cheaper and better than the kind you find in the frozen food aisle. Will be doing this again! Thanks!