Recipe by Derf
Hot! Hot! Nummy! Nummy! I made these last night, froze them and cooked 2 servings for supper tonight, to try them out. They are excellent! (with a crisp salad) (Better Homes & Gardens)
Top Review by Aroostook
Dorothy, What a great recipe! My grandkids (ages 2-7) loved these!! They cleaned me out twice. I used Louisiana Hot sauce in place of tobasco to cut the heat a bit and used low fat blue cheese dressing. A keeper!
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup bottled bleu cheese salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 -2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- celery rib
- bottled bleu cheese salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crushed corn flakes, parsley and salt in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips about 3/4 inch wide and 3 inches long.
- Combine the 1/3 cup dressing, water and Tabasco in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken, stir to coat.
- Roll chicken pieces individually in crumb mixture to coat.
- Place strips on foil lined baking sheet.
- Freeze till firm, about 2 hours.
- Place frozen strips in a freezer container.
- Cover and freeze up to 1 month.
- To serve, heat oven to 425°F.
- Place frozen chicken strips in a single layer in a lightly greased 15x10x1 baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or till meat is no longer pink in centre and crumbs are golden.
- Serve warm with celery sticks and additional blue cheese dressing for dipping.