Found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 large jalapeno, trimmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2In a medium-size bowl, stir pineapple and juice, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, and cumin. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3Chicken Fingers:.
- 4Place flour on a large plate. Lightly beat eggs, cayenne and nutmeg in a shallow bowl. Spread cracker meal on another plate.
- 5Dip chicken in flour, then egg mixture, then cracker meal to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time, or until internal temperature reads 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- 7Remove chicken and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- 8Serve chicken with salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fingers and Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 204.5 mg
- Sodium 678.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 45.9 g