Recipe by BamaBelle30
Found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks delicious.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 medium sweet red pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 large jalapeno, trimmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cracker meal
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size bowl, stir pineapple and juice, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, salt, and cumin. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Chicken Fingers:.
- Place flour on a large plate. Lightly beat eggs, cayenne and nutmeg in a shallow bowl. Spread cracker meal on another plate.
- Dip chicken in flour, then egg mixture, then cracker meal to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time, or until internal temperature reads 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
- Serve chicken with salsa.