Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A favorite of ours. We dip these in Ranch dressing, marinara, honey mustard dressing, or ketchup. Marinate 4 hours.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for frying)
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place chicken strips in a large zip-top bag.
- Mix together the beaten egg, buttermilk, and garlic powder; pour over the chicken stips in the bag; seal and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In another large zip-top bag, add flour, breadcrumbs, salt, and baking powder; combine well.
- Drain chicken and discard the buttermilk mixture.
- Place chicken strips in the bag with the flour mixture; seal bag and shake to coat In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry chicken strips in batches for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel lined plates.
Your recipe sounds great, but I am looking for low cal/low fat ideas. Please explain how fried chicken could be only 4 grams of fat.
These were a big, delicious hit with my family. Best with a dipping sauce like NurseDi says. Okay the next day, but REALLY AWESOME to snack on when each batch is done. Thanks for another keeper! :)
My 4 year old nephew spent the night and I searched for a food he woud like. He ate these until I thought he would burst. (Dipped in ketchup!) My whole family enjoyed them. Thanks for a great recipe.