Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made with oatmeal instead of flour, baked instead of fried for a good core kid-friendly staple. Tip: Dip chicken with one hand in wet ingredient and roll in dry with the other. Keeps the fingers from gooping up.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Lightly spray baking sheet.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats, paprika, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin, pepper) in shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in yogurt.
- Cover strips in oatmeal mixture.
- Bake at for 30 minutes at 350.
It was definitely healthy, and lightly spiced (I like super-spicy food). It doesn't brown up as much as it's traditionally breaded and fried cousin, but I would certainly make it again if I was making overly unhealthy dishes, just so they somewhat balance themselves out (I made this with super-UNhealthy mac 'n cheese!)