Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A friend gave me this a few years ago...very tasty
- 4 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (310 g) can whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Trim spring onions and slice finely.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and saute onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken,drained corn,oregano,chilli powder,salt,pepper and sour cream and bring to boil.
- Tacos- Fill warm taco shells with filling, grated cheese,shredded lettuce, tomato salsa and guacamole.
- Burritos-Brush tortillas with melted butter.
- Heat in the oven or microwave until warm.
- Spread with hot chicken filling,shredded lettuce and tomato salsa.
- Roll up and serve immediately.
I didn't have any oregano, so I used cumin instead. Very nice and easy recipe.
Evie, what a great recipe!! Just being me, I freeze my leftover chicken in 1 Cup amounts, so I scaled the recipe down. It's still delicious, plus being so easy and Low Sodium and Fat, too. I had some Mexican Oregano that went well with this. No green onions so I used 1/4 of a yellow one. I think in the future I'll try mixing a small amount of Salsa and/or some green chiles with it, too. So many possibilities! YUMM. Thanks for posting a great recipe for a single senior. jim