Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just like the Mexican Restaurants!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 -4 slices green peppers
- Cook onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in chicken and remaining ingredients until heated through.
We loved this!!! I doubled it, omitted the green chiles and subbed a can of rotel. Seasoned with cumin and chipotle chili powder. Had some breasts and some thighs that I boiled and shredded. I used the broth from the chicken and added some boullion. I simmered, covered on the stove for 40 minutes or so and then took the lid off to reduce the sauce for about 15 more minutes. Served on soft flour tortillas... really fabulous... will absolutely be making again and again!
I used chicken thighs for this. I cooked them first, and saved the broth. I added cumin and some cayenne pepper. It turned out wonderfully! Thanks for posting.
Very good! I have tried this 2 times now, and I must say it is much less dry if you use dark meat. A great quick fix that keeps me from having to go to Taco Cabana.