Recipe by HoneyB
This is a family favourite that is suitable for a weekday dinner, or when company comes
Top Review by fatducky
what a simple & lovely dish. made a few adjustments because we don't use preservatives, we used homemade stock, & i used shallots instead of asparagus and just reduced it down a little before adding chicken. served it on white rice & assorted veges cooked with the rest of the stock with a dob of butter. thank you. will cook often
- 4 chicken fillets (half breasts)
- seasoned flour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (310 g) cancut asparagus, drained
- 1 small chicken stock cube
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken fillets lightly with seasoned flour.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet.
- Cook chicken until golden on both sides.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add remaining ingrediets to pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to sauce in skillet and heat gently for 3/5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.
- Steamed new potatoes and carrots go well.