Comfort food alert!! I have had this recipe for over 30 years (from Pillsbury Family Cookbook 1971). Great way to use up extra cooked chicken (or try it with turkey, too).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a soup pot, combine soups, water,& 2 Tbs of the chopped onion.
- 2Heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly.
- 3Combine chicken, celery, remaining 2 Tbs of onion, parsley& pepper in a medium bowl.
- 4Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits.
- 5Roll out into 4" circles.
- 6Place 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture on each dough circle and wrap dough around mixture to form dumpling.
- 7Firmly press edges to seal.
- 8Place dumplings, sealed edge down, into hot soup mixture.
- 9Spoon soup over dumplings, cover& cook over medium heat 20 minutes.
- 10Serve hot with soup mixture as sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken-filled Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.9
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 1187.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
golden cream of mushroom soup