Recipe by Bobbie
Fill up the crockpot with the ingredients -- come home to a great aroma. Don't let the long list of ingredients stop you from trying this.
Top Review by 1017552
My family loves this soup! (I'ts out of a Crock-Pot recipe book). When I make it I use green enchilada sauce instead of red, dried cilantro and frozen sliced yellow squash, omiting the zucchini. I have even used canned chicken before so I didn't have to cook and shred chicken breasts. It's also very easy to adjust how "spicy" it is. Perfect Crock-Pot meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- chicken broth
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro (incude the stems)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 8 tostadas, crumbled
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot except the tostada shells and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- To serve, fill individual soup bowls with soup, Garnish with tostada shells and cheese.
- Preparation time does not include the time to cook the chicken breasts.
- Extra corn and/or pinto beans/kidney beans can be subsituted for the squash and zucchini if desired.