Recipe by Chef Petunia
This is super good. I used Adobo Seasoning from Penzeys to season the chicken and some leftover chili in my freezer. I also used Ronzoni Smart Taste mini penne in place of the elbows. Recipe comes from "Velveeta -- Crowd Pleasing Recipes".
Top Review by lazyme
Great casserole. I usually cut recipes back for just 2 of us, but made the whole recipe for this. Glad I did. My grandson inhaled this and it was all gone in the first day! The only change that I made was to also use red and yellow peppers with the green since I had some on hand. Thanks for sharing, Chef Petunia. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, pasteurized prepared cheese product cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup Taco Bell Home Originals thick 'n chunky salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Cook macaroni as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook chicken in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray 5 to 7 minute or until cooked through, stirring frequently.
- DRAIN macaroni. Add to chicken in skillet. Stir in chili, peppers, garlic, VELVEETA and salsa. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- BAKE 20 minute or until heated through. Stir before serving.
- Jazz It Up: For added heat, add 1 teaspoons hot pepper sauce to the chicken mixture before spooning into prepared baking dish.