- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese, and colby cheeses
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in nonreactive Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Stir in broth, picante sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano; simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, noodles or baked potatoes, if desired.
- Top with cheese.