1/6 Photos of Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
This is another great recipe I got out of a magazine called "Clean Eating". It is a great tasting low fat, low sugar dish. Both DH and I thought it was excellent!! (until we went out for dinner on Valentine's day and had the FULL FAT dish.) But, you still have a wonderful option to eat something that is lower in fat and sugar but still taste great. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red peppers, cut in half, seeds and ribs removed. (I use roasted red pepper's in the jar)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli, chopped (I use fresh, steamed and chopped)
- 12 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 cooked boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips (I zap mine in the microwave or you can use rotisserie chicken)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roast red peppers cut side down for 20 minutes, until skin is blackened and peeling away.
- 2Remove from oven and let cool.
- 3When they can be handled, peel off skin and cut pepper into long strips.
- 4Set aside. (I use roasted red pepper's in the jar).
- 5In blender or food processor, puree' cottage cheese and chicken broth until no curds remain, approximately 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in Parmesan cheese and minced garlic.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Cook broccoli in microwave according to package directions.
- 10Cook fettuccini according to package directions.
- 11Save 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
- 12Drain and return pasta to bowl.
- 13Stir in cheese sauce, peppers and broccoli.
- 14Thin out sauce with reserved pasta water if needed.
- 15Place chicken strips on top of pasta and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 498.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 42.1 g