My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 1/2 cups de-fatted chicken broth
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 8 ounces mushroom-flavored brie cheese
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken (8 oz.)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup watercress leaf, rinsed and drained
- 1In a 4- to 5-quart pan, combine 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, wine, whipping cream, lemon peel, fennel, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and chile flakes to taste. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, trim rind from brie and finely chop (rind adds flavor, but discard if you like). Cut brie into about 1/2-inch chunks.
- 3Add fettuccine to pan, pushing it down into boiling liquid. Simmer, uncovered, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4Add chopped brie rind (if using) and chicken and stir to blend. Stir in chunks of brie. Remove pasta from heat and let stand, uncovered, 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often to make sure all the cheese melts (the rind won't melt).
- 5If you want saucier pasta, add up to 1 cup more broth and stir over high heat until steaming.
- 6With tongs or two forks, lift pasta into wide soup bowls; spoon remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan and more pepper to taste, and top with watercress leaves.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Fettuccine With Mushroom Brie
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 165.0 mg
- Sodium 398.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili flakes
mushroom-flavored brie cheese