Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Chicken Fettuccine With Mushroom Brie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 cups de-fatted chicken broth
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 8 ounces mushroom-flavored brie cheese
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken (8 oz.)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup watercress leaf, rinsed and drained
- In a 4- to 5-quart pan, combine 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, wine, whipping cream, lemon peel, fennel, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and chile flakes to taste. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, trim rind from brie and finely chop (rind adds flavor, but discard if you like). Cut brie into about 1/2-inch chunks.
- Add fettuccine to pan, pushing it down into boiling liquid. Simmer, uncovered, stirring often, until pasta is tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chopped brie rind (if using) and chicken and stir to blend. Stir in chunks of brie. Remove pasta from heat and let stand, uncovered, 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often to make sure all the cheese melts (the rind won't melt).
- If you want saucier pasta, add up to 1 cup more broth and stir over high heat until steaming.
- With tongs or two forks, lift pasta into wide soup bowls; spoon remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with parmesan and more pepper to taste, and top with watercress leaves.