Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple fettuccine with lots of flavor. My kids like broccoli so I add just that. The garlic and herb cream cheese gives this a nice creamy taste.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta, broken in half
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli florets, frozen
- 1 (6 ounce) package spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (such as Rondele)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, bring broth to boil over high heat; add frozen chicken breasts. Return to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 16 minutes.
- Add pasta, stir, cover and simmer 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken, cool and shred.
- Increase heat to high and bring pasta to a boil. Add frozen vegetables, return to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Drain pasta mixture, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Return pasta to skillet and place over medium heat. Add cream cheese, salt and reserved cooking water. Toss until cheese has melted. Add chicken, and cook 2 minutes to heat through, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, green onions and black pepper.
My family absolutely loved this! I made as directed (although I used a smidge more broth because the box I have is 32oz) and I boiled 4 boneless breasts in the broth, only using 2 in the final meal. (Planning ahead..LOL). I love the ease in preparation for this meal - so simple everything came together in a snap - and the flavor is THERE! My DH said this is one of his top favs I have made from Zaar now (Your Mexican Lasagna is still his favorite, V!) WIll absolutely make this again! **Made for Beverage Tag March 2008**