Recipe by Food.com
*Courtesy of Eva Kosmas Flores, author of Adventures in Chicken* --- "Alfredo is one of the simplest and richest pasta sauces out there; this version brings the flavors of the sauce up a notch by combining pecorino Romano, Parmesan, and Asiago cheese. To create a truly excellent Alfredo sauce it is vital to use quality cheese. Bypass the pre-shredded stuff in a plastic tub that's sitting at room temperature and only purchase chilled cheese that is in a solid block so you can freshly grate it yourself. Trust me, once you've tasted the nutty, creamy flavors of a true unadulterated Alfredo sauce, you'll be very happy you did." - Eva Kosmas Flores, author of Adventures in Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 ounces pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 6 ounces asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 1 lb dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rub the chicken with the olive oil, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for about 1 hour, until the skin is golden and crisp and the juices run clear. Set aside to cool, then remove the meat from the bones and cut it into roughly 2-inch by 1-inch strips.
- Melt the butter with the garlic in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the creme fraiche, milk, Romano, Parmesan, Asiago, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon black pepper and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the fettuccine noodles according to package directions until al dente. Top with the Alfredo sauce and chicken; garnish with basil leaves, if desired; and serve immediately.
- Recipe courtesy of Adventures in Chicken by Eva Kosmas Flores. Get the book here: https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Chicken-Amazing-Recipes-AdventuresInCooking-com/dp/0544558200.