Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is absolutely delicious, but not a calorie light dish. We save it for special occasions.
- 453.59 g chopped cooked chicken meat
- 118.32 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml cream
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 5676.0 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 453.59 g fettuccine pasta (dried or fresh)
- freshly grated pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cream the butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon until it is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the cream a little at a time, and then beat in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, a few tbsp at a time.
- Cover the bowl and set it aside (refrigerate if not ready to use, but bring to room temperature before use).
- Prepare the chicken and keep it warm.
- You can use leftover chopped cooked chicken, or dice skinless, boneless chicken meat and saute in olive oil or butter a few minutes until cooked but still tender.
- Season as you like.
- Set a large pasta bowl or casserole in a 250 oven to heat while you cook the fettucine.
- Bring the water and salt to a rolling boil in a large stock pot.
- Drop in the fettuccine and stir gently with a wooden spoon or fork for a few moments to prevent strands from sticking.
- Boil, stirring occasionally until the pasta is tender (soft, but al dente or resistant to bite).
- Immediately drain the pasta into a colander.
- Make sure it's completely drained before transferring to the hot pasta bowl.
- Add the chicken and the creamed butter and cheese mixture and toss with the fettuccine and chicken until every strand is well coated.
- Season with salt and freshly grated pepper.
- Serve at once and pass grated Parmesan cheese.
WONDERFUL !!!!! made this as written, and couldn't be more pleased with this delicious dinner!! We grilled the chicken before chopping and adding it to the recipe...this is definitely a keeper !!!!! Thank you!! Teresa
Thanks for a great and easy recipe! Followed the recipe as written and it was great! I did double the sauce and it was perfect. Next time I might try less butter to see how that works. Thanks again for a recipe!
We loved this recipe. Very easy to make. Will make this again. Thanks for posting.