Recipe by Karen From Colorado
I had such a craving for chicken fettuccine and many came close to what I wanted but just did not fit the bill so I experimented and came up with this one. It was exactly to the taste I wanted. If you double the pasta, be sure you double the sauce as well or it will be dry.
Top Review by Normaone
This is a wonderful recipe to have in my files. It's quick to put together and I usually have most everything on hand. Although, this time I didn't have the broccoli or red peppers, so I substituted home grown peas and some julienne tomatoes. It was delicious! Thanks!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced to bit size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 lb dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups prepared broccoli (fresh "or" frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red sweet bell pepper
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook chicken in a large skillet in cooking oil until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken; set aside; drain any leftover oil from skillet.
- Melt cream cheese and butter in the skillet over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in milk, garlic, bell pepper, salt and pepper; stir constantly until thickened.
- Stir in cooked chicken, prepared broccoli and cheese; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through and veggies are tender.
- Serve over fettuccine.